ROUTINE PREOPERATIVE CARE: advised to our hair transplant patients
1. Avoid smoking few days before and after
2. Avoid blood thinning medications like aspirin for a few days before if possible
3. Wear regular shirt at the time of procedure and avoid T shirt or thermal under garment which you have to wear from the top
4. Keep a large size cap or hat that yu may wear for a few days after the procedure when you go outdoors.
5. Shampoo your hair well before coming for the procedure
6. Do not come on empty stomach have good breakfast or lunch before the procedure.
7. Exercise of the scalp skin: slide your skin up and down on the back and side of the head by holding it with the palms of the hands. You may be 100 times a day. This will increase its blood supply and also make it more lax and makes the stitches tension free and thereby improves the quality of linear scar.
8. The routine preoperative blood tests (they include CBC, Blood Sugar Urea, Hbs Ag, HIV, PT and APTT). You can get them done from the Laboratory from your Town/City before coming if you want to save that time and also make sure the fitness for the surgery.
9. If you do have gray hairs get your hair colored black if possible for surgical convenience before 2 days of procedure if not then inform us and come earlier so that we can colour the donor area hairs prior to the procedure.
10. If you are going to have Body hair Transplant (BHT) you must shave the possible body donor areas ( chest, pubic, armpit, back or thighs) hairs to the skin level exactly 4 days in advance of your procedure date.
10. Although rare there is a possibility of “shock loss” of some of the currently existing weak hairs in first few months after the surgery and If you are not already on Finasteride ( Tab. Finax 1mg or Propecia 1mg to be taken once a day) start at earliest to protect your existing hairs.
10. I would appreciate if you can CALL ME A DAY BEFORE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK ON MY MOBILE 9974113377
11. The black and white receipt you can receive when you come for the procedure